FIELD TECHNICIAN | Wireless High Speed Internet
Work Schedule: Full Time
Wage: Depending on Level of Experience
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week plus overtime available
- Shift is usually 5 days per week, Monday - Sunday
- Shift hours from 7am - 4pm (preferably 7am - 7pm)
- Medical Insurance
- PTO, Vacation, and Holidays
- Free Gym Membership, LVAC
- Free Internet
- Other Employee Perks
LV.Net is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) providing residential and business internet service to the Las Vegas area since 1994. We are looking for reliable and experienced field techs who will provide the best service for our customers.
Job Requirements & Duties
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older due to insurance requirements.
- Must have a valid Class C Nevada Driver's License and clean 3-year DMV report as company vehicle will be provided
- 1 year minimum of experience in this type of role or a similar role. (I.E Construction, Security Installation Tech, Electrician)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consistently.
- Install and maintain wireless Internet equipment for residential and commercial installations.
- Professionally route cabling into homes, install microwave dish antennas, aim for peak signal, and conduct test and turn-up to deliver a complete installation to our customers.
- Use of laptop computers, networking gear, and various software
- Survey customer locations to identify clear Line of Sight paths to network towers.
- Maintain proper inventory levels in vehicles and assist with warehouse duties to maintain proper market stocking levels.
- Documenting completed tasks at the end of each job.
- Current OSHA 10- or 30-Hour Certification preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data and wiring industry standards
- Working knowledge of RF industry, standards a plus
- Ability to work with hand and power tools used in the installation of wireless and networking equipment.
- Previous experience in Wireless, 2-Way, cable TV, or computer network installation a plus.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquity products preferred
- Versed in PC usage and basic networking skills (Configure IP addresses, log into routers, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Ability to work off hours and On Call
- Reporting skills, quality focus, results orientation.
- An adaptable and teachable attitude is a must.
- Able to show up to work every day and on time (no exceptions)
- Able to work from ladders and on rooftops following safety protocols
- To work independently and effectively with minimal supervision